Ads Top

‘The Voice’ Australia contestant dies of breast cancer at age 43

‘The Voice’ Australia contestant dies of breast cancer at age 43

Singer Natasha Stuart, who competed on “The Voice” Australia last year, has died of breast cancer at the age of 43, reports The Daily Mail Australia.
She was diagnosed in July 2018 and underwent 20 weeks of chemotherapy before succumbing to the disease at a hospital in Sydney surrounded by family.
Stuart competed on the reality show while she was battling cancer.
Speaking to 9Honey last May the performer explained why she decided to compete while clearly fighting cancer.
“I felt it was really important to put myself out there because I haven’t seen women who look like me on TV, going through treatment,” she said.“I wanted to make sure that younger women knew that you can get breast cancer at a young age.”
Stuart made it to the finals and was on Delta Goodrem’s team. Goodrem, 35, a hugely successful singer down under was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma when she was 18. The two shared a close bond on the show with Stuart calling Goodrem a “kindred spirit.”
“Everything that Delta said to me just connected so deeply to where I’m at now and what I’m going through, and what I know she’s gone through,” she said.
Tributes poured in from Australian performers including Goodrem and David Campbell.
Stuart released her own album “Light This Fuse” in 2012 and had been a backup singer for Michael Bolton, Boy George and Aussie singer Jessica Mauboy.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.